Vision and Mission
We will achieve our vision by:
- Creating and enhancing the desire for children to read through book ownership.
- Reaching out to an ever-widening range of children and communities.
- Developing our programmes to meet the specific needs and aspirations of our diverse communities.
- Developing an interlinked network of people and organisations to collaborate on how to best meet the needs of our students and their communities.
- Constantly keeping our vision, mission and values at ‘top of mind’.
The philosophy behind the programme is simple – to break the cycle of ‘booklessness’.
Kids who can’t read become adults who can’t communicate and that’s a serious disadvantage in a world that operates on the written word.